Windows on MacBook Air

Reaction score
If I had a MacBook Air running El Capitan And Windows (ver?) and upgraded the os to Mojave 14.6 is it safe to assume Windows came along with Mojave?
The Mojave runs fine but not any windows software. They won’t even load. Is there a way to get into windows in its partition?
johnd

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Did you have Windows installed via Boot Camp? Upgrading to Mojave shouldn't mess with the Boot Camp partition.

C

Reaction score
Hello,

Did you have Windows installed via Boot Camp? Upgrading to Mojave shouldn't mess with the Boot Camp partition.

C
C,
what’s the value/virtue of installing Windows on a Mac if you can’t install uniquely windows software without rebuying ( if available) the Mac version.
And how do I know Windows is actually installed? Tks, johnd

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

If you purchased the Mac with Windows installed, then it was from a third-party reseller or private party, as Apple doesn't sell Macs with Windows installed. If you purchased it from a reseller, they should have given you the Windows install media. Actually, if you purchased it from a private party, they should have given you the Windows media as well. Selling preinstalled software like Microsoft Windows without supplying the media is actually illegal and against the software license agreement.

If you were able to run Windows before upgrading to Mojave, then it should still be on the Boot Camp partition, if that is how it was installed. If you have an application in your Applications folder called Parallels Desktop or VMware Fusion, then maybe that is how/where Windows is installed.

-How long have you had the MacBook Air?
-Have you accessed Windows previously?

We'll see if we can figure this out.

C

Reaction score
Hi,

If you purchased the Mac with Windows installed, then it was from a third-party reseller or private party, as Apple doesn't sell Macs with Windows installed. If you purchased it from a reseller, they should have given you the Windows install media. Actually, if you purchased it from a private party, they should have given you the Windows media as well. Selling preinstalled software like Microsoft Windows without supplying the media is actually illegal and against the software license agreement.

If you were able to run Windows before upgrading to Mojave, then it should still be on the Boot Camp partition, if that is how it was installed. If you have an application in your Applications folder called Parallels Desktop or VMware Fusion, then maybe that is how/where Windows is installed.

-How long have you had the MacBook Air?
-Have you accessed Windows previously?

We'll see if we can figure this out.

C
C,
Just bought it on Amazon as a refurbished Apple notebook.
Never ran windows, and while there was a notice to start windows on restart when El Capitan was the os, there was also no obvious way to start windows. I don’t recall seeing Parallels or VM anything anywhere.
Several years ago I came to become the owner of a “Wall Streeter” G4, and it’s operation was as cryptic as this one is-to me.

Reaction score
C, There is no Boot Camp obvious where all the s/w is listed. However, if I click on the hdd icon Boot Camp is suddenly available to finish the installation of files I started. poking around there looks like am to start there , open boot camp, select the windows I want to install, plug into 110v and hit start.
is this a normal routine or does the small partition contain files previously installed.?

Ask a Question