What cooling mats can I use with MacBook Air 2020?

Reaction score
I recently ordered a new MacBook Air 2020, and lots of people have said there are heating issues with them. I have always used a cooling mat with my laptops, but it sounds like with this one it will be absolutely necessary.

Others have also suggested that the cooling system in the MacBook Air is different from other laptops, so not all cooling mats will work with it. I looked up reviews on my current cooling mat, and people have stated that it does not work with MacBook Air, and actually will cause that computer to get hotter.

Does anyone have a suggestion of cooling mats that will work with MacBook Airs?

Reaction score
I recently ordered a new MacBook Air 2020, and lots of people have said there are heating issues with them. I have always used a cooling mat with my laptops, but it sounds like with this one it will be absolutely necessary.

Others have also suggested that the cooling system in the MacBook Air is different from other laptops, so not all cooling mats will work with it. I looked up reviews on my current cooling mat, and people have stated that it does not work with MacBook Air, and actually will cause that computer to get hotter.

Does anyone have a suggestion of cooling mats that will work with MacBook Airs?
I am surprised you are expecting heat problems with a new MacBook Air. I've had none with my 2016 MacBook Pro and before that none with a white 2009 MacBook.

For comfort and a better typing angle and a much better camera angle for video conferencing I use an aluminium adjustable stand by Lamicall. Good, ventilation all round (if it is needed) and cost about 20 pounds from Amazon.

Reaction score
I haven’t experienced the heat problems personally, as my new computer has not even arrived yet (the order is still processing). The heat issue is what others who already have the computer are reporting, (Not everyone experiences it, but lots of people are talking about it.

thanks for your reply and recommendation.

Reaction score
If I was you I'd wait to see if there are any problems first before spending money on something you probably won't need.

Reaction score
You probably won't. Laptops can get quite warm, maybe even feeling "hot" in normal use.

Ask a Question