SOLVED Macbook Pro 17"

Reaction score
I have a MacBook 2011 and always great but I seem to had charger issues a lot. I just wonder if its because it was purchased on a NATO base with US plug and the adapter has a fuse I replace ever so often of 13A. I replaced fuse but this time the charging light is a very feint green.

I can't figure out what it is? so I can't purchase. Would you say I need a charger?

thank you all very very much

Kim

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Is it an Apple charger and adapter, or third party? Apple World Travel Adapter Kit maybe?

I don't recall any Apple AC units having a replaceable fuse.

C

Reaction score
it has Apple logo. A few yrs back I did replace the bit of the Magsafe that goes from charger to MacBook. it all seems authentic.

the adapter I got that years ago because my plug was US and i'm in UK. I can always replace that???

Reaction score
just tried another adapter and green light still feint. so its charger or battery.

Reaction score
Been Tweeting Apple and they seem to think its the battery. I've never had a battery replaced since I got it in 2012.
thank you

Reaction score
Apple Support were wrong. i took Macbook to a Apple retailer and they confirmed it was definitely the charger. i am in the process of getting one today. thank you so much for your help :)

Ask a Question