Macbook Pro M3 Dual External Display Support

Reaction score
My employer provided me with a Macbook Pro with the base M3 (not M3 Pro) chip, which only supports 1 single external monitor. Following the advice in this article, I've tried:
However, the lag is so great with this third adapter that its unusable. Everything from mouse movement to the mission control gesture is so slow that its not acceptable for a work environment. You lose track of the mouse cursor when its on either of the external monitors. I've worked with Startech support, and tried everything from reinstalling the drivers, rebooting, upgrading the firmware on my 2 external Samsung monitors, changing the resolutions to "low resolution" mode, and the lag still persists.

I've had to return all 3 adapters. I'm at a point where I feel I'm out of answers. I know Apple is going to say "we don't officially support this", but the reality is this machine was not my choice, and I have a multi-monitor work environment that I need to use this machine in (and I'm likely not alone in this scenario).

Ask a Question