Yahoo email on a Macbook Pro authentication problem

Reaction score
I have a Macbook Pro 2012 running Catalina 10. I am using the Apple Mail app. I was recently email hacked via the Yahoo account and had to reset everything. I have it all working on my iPhone and my iPad but it will "not authenticate" the Yahoo email on the Apple Mail on my MacBook Pro. I have Yahoo mail via my AT&T account and they had me switch passwords, shut down, clear cookies/cache....literally multiple times! NOTHING WORKS. It still fails to authenticate the Yahoo email. It downloads 3 other emails but not the Yahoo one. What do I need to do to get my email back into the email program? I can get it on a web server via AT&T but don't want it seperate and on a tab instead of via the mail program. THOUGHTS? What is the problem?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

From experience, Yahoo! accounts can be a bear to troubleshoot and get working. Honestly, Yahoo! Support would be the best bet in this situation...strange they weren't able to resolve it so far.

In addition, there may be authentication issues being caused by macOS Catalina, as it is too old to support the current Internet security protocols (TLS/SSL) that many email providers and secure websites require. You may have also noticed that some financial and other https websites will not load/authenticate using Catalina.

Sorry, but hope that helps!

C

Ask a Question