SOLVED Yahoo want me to allow them to use 1.2GB of space on my computer, why?

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have a MacBook Pro 13 retina running Mojave 10.14.6 also an iPhone 12 which I just updated to 14.5 two days ago. Today I had issues with ParamountPlus not playing Champions League soccer on my Mac but ok on tv app ( Apple TV app). Latest inconvenience is every time I go to a Yahoo site, particularly YahooFinance, I get an opening screen requesting I give access to Yahoo to 1.2GB of storage on my Mac. I have been denying the request all day but do not really know much about this and / or why they are asking now? Any help would be appreciated. And are any of these issues related?
Issue 1). Paramount Plus not allowing a soccer game shown on the app I pay for on my Mac;
Issue 2) Yahoo requesting storage space on my Mac when I visit their sites;
Issue 3) Several websites today could not be accessed ( Safari cannot connect ) until I re-inputted the address instead of using a short cut link.
Thanks everyone.
Steve Hope.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

I don't get that request when visiting Yahoo! or Yahoo! Finance web pages?

I wonder is you may have a Safari extension causing it, or even malware? Check your Safari extensions, and try running Malwarebytes for Mac.

C

Reaction score
I have "CleanMyMac" and it showed no issues with malware. I did download the free version of "Malwarebytes" as suggested and also no issues. I think perhaps the "GhosteryLite" may have been causing the problems so I changed some choices around on that and rebooted and now I no longer get the Yahoo message requesting storage space. Going to mark this "solved" as I have had no further issues. Thanks.

Ask a Question