Mac Mail quit playing with Yahoo!

Reaction score
This past weekend Yahoo! quit working in Mac Mail, the other two IMAP accounts continue to work just fine. WebUI for Yahoo works perfectly. Have not been able to find a resolution... have deleted, and re-added account... have deleted yahoo from keychain, then readded account... all to no avail. macOS Mail only provides a radio button to choose mail provider... tried circumventing by choosing other, but once you provide the yahoo credentials its as if you chose the yahoo button. The settings it uses for the yahoo connection are a mystery.. they have to be somewhere but I cant find them. Currently logging connection messages... from what I've seen so far it appears that connections to the yahoo server establish, but no read/write seems to take place... logs attached.

macOS 10.14.3 (18D109)
MacMail Version 12.2 (3445.102.3)

Any ideas on where to look?

Attachments

• smtp.mail.yahoo.com-5FAA21DA-0E38-45DA-9A63-B4EDD9726658.txt
    273 bytes · Views: 183
  • imap.mail.yahoo.com-D3A66508-245F-4D63-B9A6-EB60B52F05E4.txt
    82.1 KB · Views: 245

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Sorry for the late reply.

Your IMAP log shows three different ports being used - 143, 993, 585. You should use 143 if you aren't using an SSL connection, 993 if you are using SSL. 585 is not an IMAP port.

Your SMTP log shows port 587, which is the SSL port.

I would assume that Yahoo would use SSL, so the ports would be incoming IMAP 993 and SMTP outgoing 587.

When you deleted and re-added the account, did you do that in the Mail app or the Internet Accounts preference pane? You should be able to look in Mail > Preferences > Accounts > Yahoo acct > Server Settings > uncheck Automatically manage connection settings to see the ports being used for each account.

Hope that helps,

C

Ask a Question