Gmail not working on Mail on my MacBook

Reaction score
Hi there! I'm able to access my gmail account on my iPhone and on my Mac using googlemmil, but when I try to use Mail it doesn't seem to recognise my password. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
When you say "googlemmil", I assume you mean Google Mail, correct? If so, you access that EMail service directly through your browser, and that of course is a gmail account.

But it seems you are having an issue of launching Apple's Mail program and trying to "read/import" mail from your GMail account. Is that correct?

Reaction score
I am having the same problem. On my MacBook my mail app will not recognize gmail but will recognize all other emails. I can go on to gmail sight and get my mail. Everything works on my iPhone also. I started a new gmail address account to see if it would recognize the new account, nothing so now I know it is something on my mac. I removed cookies and history. I don't know what else I need to do.

Ask a Question