Gmail and mail program conflict

Reaction score
I have a gmail account but use the regular mail program. I am using OSX version 10.9.5. Lately when I delete an email in my email account it keeps coming back. I have also noticed that my emails are very slow in showing up. I go to the gmail account and they are there but not downloading to the regular mail program. Please help.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-How was your Gmail account setup - as IMAP or POP?
-How many emails are in your inbox?
-Have you tried Window > Connection Doctor from the menu bar in the Mail app to verify that it can connect to the Gmail servers?

C

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. My email is setup as IMAP and there are about 28 emails in my inbox. I am using an 8 year old Mac desktop all in one computer.
Yesterday and today my program is back on track but I don't know why. My internet connection was extremely slow over the weekend and now it is back to normal speed. Could that have caused the problem I was experiencing?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Yes, slow/intermittent Internet connectivity can definitely cause that type of issue.

Thanks for letting us know and glad it's sorted.

C

Ask a Question