Mail not recognizing my yahoo/att email address

Reaction score
I have 2 ancient email addresses that still run on sbcglobal.net, a domain that was taken over by Yahoo and then by AT&T.

One of them has suddenly stopped working in Mac Mail, not allowing me to send or receive any emails. Error message: "Mail can't connect to the Yahoo! account" But I can still get my emails addressed to this address on my iPhone! What gives?

The IMAP settings are identical to another sbcglobal.net address that still works.
What could be wrong?? This is a professional address that I need up and running!!
Any thoughts or tips greatly appreciated...

Reaction score
Can you get to that email address site via your browser?

No I can't. The Yahoo sign-in page doesn't accept my password either. The really strange thing is I can still get my email from this account in the Mail program on my iPhone... but only there!!

Reaction score
Sorry about your issues. It seems like there are a good amount of recent issues posted by folks here with Apple's Mail program. I use Outlook 2016 as my EMail client, and I am not having any issues. However, I only use Outlook for receiving EMails with my ISP, ie, Comcast, and of course via my Comcast EMail account. For my gmail and hotmail accounts, I access them through my browser, Google Chrome.

Ask a Question