Macbook Pro is suddenly slow

Reaction score
OS 10.4.8

I got this computer about 1 and a half months ago.

All of a sudden, a couple of days ago, it suddenly just got really slow; it wasnt anything gradual. ive rstarted it, etc., but its really running sluggishly; not even the dock magnification works (like, if i drag one of the dock icons, then itll magnify finally b ut then stay there highlighted on that icon).

not many things are running, cause as i said, this even happens after being left alone for an hour after start up...so anyone know what's the deal or how to fix it?

i thought it could have something to do with me using all but 18 gigs of the hard drive, but then i realized that cant be right cause thats been the case for abot 3 weeks already...

Reaction score
it could be the hd after all virtual memory is always on in X
and it needs plenty of free space to move around the fuller the hd gets the slower X gets
have you added anything new recently ?

Reaction score
yeah, something small, but that's prolly it now come to think of it...im gonna transfer about 15 gigs of my music to my external HD.

Ask a Question