Macbook Pro suddenly begins freezing and slowing after 3 years

Reaction score
I have had my 2011 macbook air 15' since 2011 and recently the computer processes have slowed to a crawl from lightning fast speeds. I have confirmed that it is not my internet, because things like finder and system preferences will freeze and become unresponsive. Also things like youtube videos now load very quickly, but then freezes routinely every 40 seconds or so. I still have 80 gigabytes free and I can't figure out the cause. One day it suddenly started performing poorly and hasn't been nearly as fast since. If you guys could help it would be very helpful to me due to the obscene amount of money that seems to be going to waste on this computer that I would like to put to use. It won't let me upload my plain text system report but maybe this can be solved differently. Thanks for the help

Reaction score
Probably a print driver gone rough. But check both the Console logs and Activity Monitor, you can find both in Spotlight.

Ask a Question