MacBook Pro Battery Power suddenly goes to Zero

Reaction score
Lately I've noticed everything going along fine, then suddenly suddenly goes from 90+ percent then goes 4%.

Are there any applications that would cause this?

Reaction score
Spotlight "System Information" App

Check your Battery Details

Not the expected cycle count is 300 - 500.

Reaction score
To add to Kavemans hints, press the alt key while mouse click the battery percentage, you hopefully will see that its condition as normal as my screen shot.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-06-20 at 22.09.04.png
    Screen Shot 2013-06-20 at 22.09.04.png
    44 KB · Views: 350
Reaction score
Sorry that should have read Note not not, lol.

You could try a Reset SMU, a quick search will throw up an Apple KB search for your model.

Take it in to get battery replaced.

Reaction score
The dropbox .png just seems to be a click without holding down the alt key. Would be good to see its condition.

Reaction score
The picture is a screen shot of the Battery menu Similar to yours only the way it shows only the way it shows on my system Mountain Lion.

I followed the procedure. I tried the reset Twice. One with computer shut off
Once with computer in safe mode.
I safe mode the screen went black and after a few second I restarted computer.
We''l see if it happens again. I may revisit issue later if its still having an issue.

Reaction score
Hi,

The picture is a screen shot of the Battery menu Similar to yours only the way it shows only the way it shows on my system Mountain Lion.
Your image just shows charging statues not condition! I run ML and the way to see your battery condition is by using the alt (option) key, so do not understand why it is not working for you.

Have a look here
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1446

Also recallabrating your battry here.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1490

Reaction score
Okay used option key shows "Normal"

I did the SMU reset. Seems to improved stuff. and after effect such as WiFi connection of all things? charges up 100% if left on power supply starts out 100% the scales back to 99% has been done long enough to prove anything.

Ask a Question