MacBook Pro Internal HDD Not Recognized

Reaction score
I have a 2006 macook pro, model number A1150. The original hard drive failed, I tested it on multiple computers to make sure it failed. I have been using a 16gig USB as my hard drive running 10.6 without problems.

I went ahead and bought a new hard drive, placed it in the laptop and it was not recognized from the OSX disks, or disk utility, I hear it running though.

I then put it in my pc and it was recognized immediately.

So then I used an external enclosure and connected it to my MacBook pro, booted up from my USB as usual and now I was able to see the new one in disk utility. I used carbon copy cloner and mirrored my USB to this new hard drive, then booted from the new hard drive while it was still in the external enclosure and it worked perfectly. I then placed the new hard drive back in the laptop and it would not recognize it.

So I'm thinking there's a problem within the laptop, hope not though, anyone able to help?

Reaction score
I would agree, but if you have another drive around that you could try, and see if it see that???

Nope, other internal hard drives aren't working, won't be recognize but they'll start up and stay running until I shut the laptop off.

Ask a Question