Macbook Pro Flash / Video Lagging

Reaction score
Hi.

I have a 2010 Macbook Pro which I haven't really used very much these past few years. It's always been really fast and I've never had many problems with it.

About two weeks ago, when I was going on a flash-based website on the daily, I noticed it had started to lag. Youtube videos started lagging also, and any video streaming lags as well - on ANY browser - on ANY flash version.

I don't recall making any updates or changes to my macbook during the transition from it running well to lagging.

I thought my startup disk may have been a problem because it started running out of room (even though it wasn't actually full), and after an hour on the phone with a tech, I fixed all my memory problems... STILL lagging.

The lag doesn't start right away. It usually starts within 20 seconds to 5 minutes, it's different every time. It's not my internet, either.

THIS IS DRIVING ME ABSOLUTELY INSANE!!

I have tried many suggestions. WILL TRY MORE. I am calling tech again tomorrow and maybe going into the apple store on Saturday.

Any advice until then is appreciated!

Ask a Question