MacBook pro dodgy start up disk?

Reaction score
I just wrote a lengthy post on my macbook and it died just as I clicked on post thread......but unfortunately no surprise there....cos now it won't turn on again...so now i'm scribbling this on the wife's windows laptop.

I have a macbook pro from 2013, 2.3 GHz quad core intel core i7, but it dies after a minute, an hour, a day or a week of use and then won't turn back on again cos the screen is black....the lights work like capslock but nothing on the screen.

it takes a long time pressing many keys for it to work again...sometimes it won't work for a week and will then come back on....and then die again.... i've already brought it to an expert who charged me a hundred squids and no difference, i've had the battery replaced, no change and tried all the tricks i saw on the forum like power/shift/ctrl/alt at the same time.....but nothing new...i even downloaded and ran a diagnostic and repair tool but even though it said everything was checked and repaired the same black screen appeared a few minutes later.....

When the apple appears on the black screen (rarely) then it will work for a while until it dies again

honestly i don't know what to do.....i'm Irish living in Edinburgh Scotland so any suggestion would be most welcome......aaaaaagh.

Reaction score
Hi,

but it dies after a minute, an hour, a day or a week of use and then won't turn back on again cos the screen is black....the lights work like capslock but nothing on the screen.

Try this re diagnostic try to boot the Mac after one of its episodes, but press the trackpad.
If you can hear clicks, then the MacBook is coming on, but if there is no sound I believe this points to a logic board issue.:( The force touch trackpads will only click when the MacBook is on.

Ask a Question