Mid-2011 MacBook Air Problem

Reaction score
Hi there! I have a 2011 MacBook Air model number a1369 and it is having some issues. This is probably going to be a long post so be warned.

So... I recently bought a 2011 MacBook Air from a friend of mine for $50. It was that cheap because it was essentially freezing up then dying even when it was on the charger, so I don't think that it is a battery issue. The first thing I did was boot the Mac into safe mode and it was running fine. What I did next was I went into the Boot Recovery menu thing to clear the hard drive so that I could just reinstall a new version of Mac OS and also delete all the files and stuff, I did this with the hopes that the Mac OS that was installed was just broken in one way or another. So after deleting all the files the Mac defaulted to opening up in the Mac OS X Lion Base System menu. From there I tried to download from the internet system recovery but that didn't work, for reasons I now understand. After that, I loaded Mac OS X Lion onto a USB drive and used Transmac to format it correctly. I followed this video exactly:
and it seemed to be working. The version of Mac OS I was trying to install was installing and everything was going smoothly for around 5 minutes. After that my screen froze on the OS install bar, and my whole computer was frozen. That is about all I can remember as of right now, but I am essentially just stuck with a completely wiped 2011 MacBook Air that I want any form of Mac OS on. I'm thinking that there might be something wrong with the physical hard rive but let me know what you think. If anyone could help that would be absolutely lovely. Thanks for reading!

Ask a Question