macbook Pro backlight keyboard not working

Reaction score
The backlight Keyboard function is not working anymore. It was out of the blue, I was just using it about an hour ago, but I turned it as dim as I could because my room is bright enough to see the letters atm.

However, now every time I try to turn the light back up, I get a circle with a line through it right underneath it, and nothing else happens. The same happens when I try to turn it down again (though it always stays as dim as it can, so it's always off). I've tried blowing into the keyboard to knock loose anything blocking it, and the keyboard lights up for a brief moment but returns to darkness.

I don't know why it does this, I've had it for about 1 year and a half or so. And I've never had any kind of problem with it.

I know this seems like a small problem, but I freak out over this kind of stuff because I am so horrible with computers. >.< Please help? :confused:

Reaction score
Wait...seriously? It only works when the screen is at a 95 degree angle or less. Anything beyond that and it shuts off....it's never done that before...
How do I fix THAT?

Reaction score
This may be a cable problem, hardware...

Take it to an Apple Service Centre near you.

Ask a Question