Macbook 2008 partition help please

Reaction score
I have Macbook 13" early 2008. It was previously dual booted with Windows 7, then foolishly I removed the programme. Want it back. I have discs, but am in my late 70s and not v bright! Have a 2nd laptop to receive instructions if some bright soul can direct operations. Any chance anyone?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

-Which version of OS X?
-Was Windows 7 setup with Boot Camp on its own partition?
-How did you remove it?

C

Reaction score
Hello,

-Which version of OS X?
-Was Windows 7 setup with Boot Camp on its own partition?
-How did you remove it?

C

Lion 10.7.5
Own partition
Don't know how it was removed. It slowed computer and I was working on something which required a tad more speed. This was couple of years ago. Am I beyond help d'you think?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

You aren't beyond help by any means. However, Boot Camp/Windows issues can be very difficult to diagnose/troubleshoot in forums like this. It may be prudent to get hands-on assistance locally at an Apple Store, if there is one near you. It is much easier if one can see your current setup and move forward in person with a re-installation.

C

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

You aren't beyond help by any means. However, Boot Camp/Windows issues can be very difficult to diagnose/troubleshoot in forums like this. It may be prudent to get hands-on assistance locally at an Apple Store, if there is one near you. It is much easier if one can see your current setup and move forward in person with a re-installation.

C

Yes, thank you Cory, it's as I expected, and I can go to the Mac Apple store in Exeter. I'm sure they'll be able to help, although these young chaps tend to think that moving back into the past is the stupidest idea ever! But nil desperandum, I'll post to the forum when it's all done and dusted.

Reaction score

Hello C thanks for your helpful advice. Since then, I haven't had the time (nor the finances!) to take everything a step further. However I have spoken to Mac people in South Brent who seem to think that increasing memory, the drive thingey, and adding Win 7 is not beyond the bounds of possibility, so I will post the fantastic results when I can afford to take it in!
It'll be alright on the night, I'm sure..

Dumb Bird

Ask a Question