Mac OS Catalina makes old key software obsolete

Reaction score
I was forced to upgrade to Catalina because otherwise the iPhone and IPad would no longer sync with reminders which I have been using as a ’to do’ list function.

Once upgraded, without any warning Entourage, my email programme, which I have been using for emails for quite a few years, ceased to open. I had important emails filed in entourage which I can no longer access. Whilst I appreciate over time software evolves, it really undermines the utility of that if you can’t store emails older than a couple of years. Why no backward compatibility?

Can anyone help me on how to access these emails. I do subscribe to outlook for Mac so could transfer the files to this programme if I knew how.

I am currently using applemail which is considerably inferior to entourage in terms of search function, display flexibility and general user friendliness. When on entourage I used pop 3 but now I am using IMAP so I have all my new email folders synced.

Can anyone help please?

Reaction score
I suspect that Entourage is a 32bit app and therefore is not compatible with Catalina. Did you make a backup of your old system before upgrading?

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply, yes I have a back up in time machine, and the files are still in the library and can be seen as a PST? even with Catalina. However entourage will not open it, and I do not see the option on Outlook for mac

Ask a Question