SOLVED Can't synch anything from Mac Mini to iPhone7

Reaction score
The official Apple help says I will see the phone on the sidebar of the Finder. It does appear in the iTunes sidebar, but I can't figure how to move music from the Mac to the phone. I did unlock the phone and "trust" the computer. I've tried dragging songs and albums from the computer's iTunes to the device icon, but it doesn't seem to work.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

iPhone syncing with Finder is only available when your Mac is running macOS 10.15 Catalina. Earlier versions do not have that feature. If you are running macOS 10.4 Mojave or earlier, you need to use iTunes to sync music.

Hope that helps,

C

Reaction score
It does appear in the iTunes sidebar, but I can't figure how to move music from the Mac to the phone. I did unlock the phone and "trust" the computer. I've tried dragging songs and albums from the computer's iTunes to the device icon, but it doesn't seem to work.
Click on the iPhone icon in the Sidebar. This will display your iPhone "contents". Select Music and you are given options for importing music from iTunes to your iPhone. You can choose to import all your music, or select various songs, albums or playlists.

Select what you want and then click Apply/Sync.

Reaction score
Click on the iPhone icon in the Sidebar. This will display your iPhone "contents". Select Music and you are given options for importing music from iTunes to your iPhone. You can choose to import all your music, or select various songs, albums or playlists.

Select what you want and then click Apply/Sync.
I will try this tonight. Thanks. I was hoping I didn't have to install a new OS, which has caused me some misadventure in the past. My Mini locked up shortly after just an update. Apple helped me through it.

Reaction score
I will try this tonight. Thanks. I was hoping I didn't have to install a new OS, which has caused me some misadventure in the past. My Mini locked up shortly after just an update. Apple helped me through it.
Thanks, Mighty Gem. It turns out there are two phone icons with different "music" options. I've been using my second gen ipod at the gym and I'm ready for some new music. For a while, I used my granddaughter's unused Motorola phone to access Pandora for some variety, but the battery died on it.

Reaction score
It turns out there are two phone icons with different "music" options.
Yes there are:
Screenshot 2020-01-13 at 21.03.44.png

Clicking on #1 will show what is on your iPhone:
Screenshot 2020-01-13 at 21.04.18.png

Clicking on #2 will show this:
Screenshot 2020-01-13 at 21.05.05.png

This shows what music you have in iTunes, and you can choose which songs/playlists that you want synced to your iPhone.

Ask a Question