Mac mini boots up but keeps restarting

Reaction score
Hi there. I am a super noob so please have patience with me. I am a songwriter and have my computer for one purpose, writing music. I use a program called logic x and until today I have had no problems with my mac mini m1 2020 running big sur. For some reason my computer keeps on restarting, with "Panic Medic Boot" showing up before restarting again. Tried reinstalling big sur but it says it doesn't have enough space on Macintosh. I have precious files on this computer that are not backed up. Can somebody please help me?

Reaction score
Hi there. I am a super noob so please have patience with me. I am a songwriter and have my computer for one purpose, writing music. I use a program called logic x and until today I have had no problems with my mac mini m1 2020 running big sur. For some reason my computer keeps on restarting, with "Panic Medic Boot" showing up before restarting again. Tried reinstalling big sur but it says it doesn't have enough space on Macintosh. I have precious files on this computer that are not backed up. Can somebody please help me?
First thing to try is starting up in Safe Mode. Shut down your Mac mini, wait about 30 seconds, and then press and hold the power button for as long as it takes the drive selector window to come up. Your internal drive should appear on the list. Press on the shift key while clicking on your system drive (Macintosh HD by default). It will indicate that you are starting in Safe Mode.

Log in and look around, see that nothing unusual comes up, like having way too much data on your drive than you think you’re supposed to have. Things may run more slowly and “weird,” because you don’t have the usual extensions loaded. Try to run your usual apps anyway, and see if you experience any more kernel panics.

I would advise you to upgrade to Ventura since a lot of issues have been fixed, especially on M1 Macs, since Big Sur. You may want to check with the developer to make sure that your main application, “logic x,” will run in Ventura.

But for now, after checking things out, and if nothing untoward happened, reboot into your normal state and see if the kernel panics have stopped.

Reaction score
First thing to try is starting up in Safe Mode. Shut down your Mac mini, wait about 30 seconds, and then press and hold the power button for as long as it takes the drive selector window to come up. Your internal drive should appear on the list. Press on the shift key while clicking on your system drive (Macintosh HD by default). It will indicate that you are starting in Safe Mode.

Log in and look around, see that nothing unusual comes up, like having way too much data on your drive than you think you’re supposed to have. Things may run more slowly and “weird,” because you don’t have the usual extensions loaded. Try to run your usual apps anyway, and see if you experience any more kernel panics.

I would advise you to upgrade to Ventura since a lot of issues have been fixed, especially on M1 Macs, since Big Sur. You may want to check with the developer to make sure that your main application, “logic x,” will run in Ventura.

But for now, after checking things out, and if nothing untoward happened, reboot into your normal state and see if the kernel panics have stopped.
Thanks bro problem solved

Ask a Question