SOLVED What's the Best Year Model for a Used Mac Mini?

Jez

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm thinking about getting a refurbished Mac Mini (or other suitable MAC desktop) and would like some help in deciding which year/model would be best, overall, for reliability, upgradable, etc. It would need to have an ethernet port, as I don't use wif-fi, a built-in DVD/CD player and preferably 500GB storage + at least 8GB RAM.

I already have a Macbook Pro 2012 and it's a great little machine but I'm concerned about the EMFs that it puts out as I'm EHS (electro hypersensitive), so for long sessions I need a computer that can be placed far enough away from where I'm sitting so I'm not getting fried...

Also, any recommendations for a good, low EMF monitor would be appreciated.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Jez

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Mac suggestions would be dependent on budget, longevity, current and future software requirements, and what kinds of usage you are looking for.

The last Mac min that had a built-in optical drive was the Mac mini (Mid 2010) which only supports up to macOS 10.13.6 High Sierra, which is pretty old at this point. Any of the newer Mac mini and iMac models can suppoer an external optical drive like the Apple USB SuperDrive and other third-party options.

I don't have any recommendations for low EMF monitors, as I don't have much experience with that.

C

Ask a Question