Mac forgets my passwords

Reaction score
Hi, having hell withy mail program, and thing it has been caked.

it asked me for my password, and when I enter it it rejects it. I know my passwords.

got onto my service provider who 'Hard reset" my password on their side of things, and that worked fine for a few weeks, and it has all started again..

I am sure this is happening at the server , but not sure. any way to stop this.?

regards, Sandy

Attachments

• Forgotten pasword.jpg
    Forgotten pasword.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 6

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,
  • What version of macOS?
  • Is all of your mail stored on the email server - can you login to webmail and see all of the email?
  • Do you have a current Time Machine or other backup of your data?
If none of your email is stored in folders in the On My Mac section of the Mail application, you could try going to  > System Preferences... > Internet Accounts and remove the account and re-add it. Sometimes that resolves this issue.

C

Reaction score
Hi, worked out with my internet provider the problem wa anther end this time. and they AGAIN hard reset all my email password... but that makes it twice in the one month. so it seem either someone is trying to hack my account with them, or they have serious problems.

regards, Sandy

Ask a Question