Mac's Music app doesn't show "Apple Music"

Reaction score
After I boot up my iMac, and run the Music app (it starts up when I reboot), and then search for a song, the only options for the search are "Your Library" and "iTunes Store".

I quit the Music app and restart it, and now I can also search "Apple Music". At least until the next time I boot up my Mac.

What is causing this and what can I do about it?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

Try removing Music from Login Items, restart, then open Music and see of that resolves it.

C

Reaction score
That may have resolved it. But I had something weird happen. I right-clicked on the music icon and told it not to open at login, then rebooted. It opened on logon. I had to turn it off in System Preferences/User & Groups/Login Items. Then I rebooted and it was off (and search worked correctly). I told it to open at login and rebooted. Search worked correctly.

At the same time, I turned off my Podcast app because I can't get Option resize to drag it to where it is supposed to be when I log in. It still doesn't work. I can't get it to open where it used to open.

Ask a Question