Mac Book Pro (mid 2k12 model) Bacup issue.

Reaction score
BACKUP CAUSING PROBLEMS...
I have a Mac Book Pro mid 2K12 model.
I have had it for almost 7-8 months and use it mostly for DJ work.

My hard-drive is 500gb...
Most of my music is stored on it and only takes up about 120gb, but when checking my memory I realized that the Backup color code indicates that is uses up nearly 270+ gigabytes of memory...I don't understand why and how this is so and I would greatly appreciate it if any of you can help me with this problem.

I don't even know how to disable it... cuz I never really had the need to....and it didn't bother until now...

Thanks in advance,
DJ Simplistic.

P.S.... would greatly appreciate if u visit and follow me on soundcloud @DjSimplistic.

Reaction score
First, what exact Mac OS are you using?

Secondly, how are you making the backup, ie, what software are you using? Also, do you run backups on some kind of "regular" basis, and are you backing up to an external device?

Third, how much free space is left on your internal drive?

Fourth, have you done any disk cleanup/maintenance/repairs on the internal drive? There are a number of excellent products (both free and not free) that can be used for such purposes.

Fifth, do you have either MacKeeper or CleanMyMac installed? If you do, get rid of them IMMEDIATELY, as they cause more harm than good.

Sixth, do you have any kind of anti-virus software installed on your machine?

Ask a Question