Mac book pro , hardware or screen problem?

Reaction score
Hello !
Last week , my mac book pro 13 inch started showing a horizontal line which would disappear when I restart . Then the lines doubled , and yesterday as I was using it my screen turned black with vertical lines, and some are red!
Is this a screen problem, or a hardware problem?
If it's a hardware problem how can I fix it?
Thankyou so much in advance!!

Last edited:

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

It sounds to me like a hardware issue that is progressively getting worse. Your best bet would be to take it to an Apple Store or third-party Apple Authorized Service Provider and have it checked out fully. Normally, those symptoms indicate a failing display panel or logic board.

C

Reaction score
F
Hello and welcome.

It sounds to me like a hardware issue that is progressively getting worse. Your best bet would be to take it to an Apple Store or third-party Apple Authorized Service Provider and have it checked out fully. Normally, those symptoms indicate a failing display panel or logic board.

C
thankyou for your reply! Is there any way I can fix this problem at home?
When I took it to the Mac provider store they told me it's a screen problem and I should pay 500$ to renew my screen . (In my country sometimes they lie for money it's not illegal here)

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Since it isn't a user-serviceable Mac/part, I wouldn't recommend trying to fix/replace it yourself. It is a pretty involved repair and other components can easily be damaged if you don't have the proper training/experience.

$300-500 is about right for the replacement display assembly and labor.

What exact model is your MacBook Pro?

C

Reaction score
Since it isn't a user-serviceable Mac/part, I wouldn't recommend trying to fix/replace it yourself. It is a pretty involved repair and other components can easily be damaged if you don't have the proper training/experience.

$300-500 is about right for the replacement display assembly and labor.

What exact model is your MacBook Pro?

C
Oh! Okay Thankyou!
Mac book pro 13 inch retina.!

Ask a Question