Locked out of Mac Air 2019

Reaction score
Hello,

I was trying to get any personal information off my Mac air, circa 2019, so I could sell it. I think I went a bit too far to remove any user account association or admin user and now when I start it up, it shows a box asking for 'name' and then ' enter password'. I don't recall what the 'name' I had in previously, though tried my own name and that didn't work. I used the password I last recall using but that didn't work either. I've tried the recovery mode and it says it's supposed to give you a menu of options but I don't seem to get that. It just says 'There are no users on this volume to recover'. There is the little apple symbol in the top left corner and when I click this, it just says 'startup disk' , restart or shut down. If I choose startup disk, it says 'restart or 'target Disk mode' . It seems to indicate it's macOS 11.6.8. The only other option is to 'erase mac' but I'm a bit nervous to do this.

Any other suggestions how I can get back into the computer because as it stands, I can't get into it nor sell it this way?

Attachments

• IMG_2194.jpg
    IMG_2194.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 2

Ask a Question