SOLVED pre 2000 date has locked my mac mini

Reaction score
I stupidly, I now realise, reset the date on my mac mini OSX10.9.5 to 1988 to save a scanned photo from that year in chronological order. I can no longer open System Preferences to reset to today's date. Nor can I connect to websites. Other functions including email work OK. I have tried restarting, switching off and back on but it just restarts as it was.
Ken r

Reaction score
I stupidly, I now realise, reset the date on my mac mini OSX10.9.5 to 1988 to save a scanned photo from that year in chronological order. I can no longer open System Preferences to reset to today's date. Nor can I connect to websites. Other functions including email work OK. I have tried restarting, switching off and back on but it just restarts as it was.
Ken r
Thanks C, but I tried resetting PRAM and SMC (?) to no effect. I solved the problem by rebooting/CMD R and then reinstalling the last backed up status. Moral of the story - always back up regularly.

Ask a Question