Locked out at password screen iMac

Reaction score
Hi,

I’m a self confessed techno idiot to start with! I have a desktop mac with OS system. Today I tried to update the system with the usual updates from settings. It took ages and then didn’t start. I’ve turned it on and off several times but I always end up now at the same point. The power starts and I get the sound, the bar than moves across as usual but then I get to the same scree with the password box. At this point although I can use the mouse I cannot enter the password and am constantly stuck with this screen! The picture in the background is of the island in the sea so I assume this is a standard update lockout!? Help I can5 use my desktop?

Reaction score
I had a similar problem when I used bootcamp to install windows. I had to use a wired keyboard until I had logged in the first time, it was ok on the wireless after that.

Reaction score
I had a similar problem when I used bootcamp to install windows. I had to use a wired keyboard until I had logged in the first time, it was ok on the wireless after that.

hi yes that has worked along with me plugging in my keyboard, thanks so much. Terry

Ask a Question