LG GP65NB60 external dvd drive

Reaction score
Hi
I have recently purchased the above dvd drive and am having great difficulty using it with my mid 2010 21.5" iMac desktop.
I have inserted the Media Suite and all I get is that this is not adaptable for Mac (though I bought it on that assumption),
Can anyone shed any light on this please.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

LG's website only shows compatibility with Mac OS X 10.7.5 Lion. What does it say in  > About This Mac > System Report... > Disc Burning? Does the drive show up there? Does it show any support for it?

C

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. I have done as you said and in the report, disc burning, it shows the device, Firmware Revision - KC12, Interconnect - USB, Burn Support - Yes (Generic Drive Support)

Reaction score
Thanks for your prompt reply. I had a sneaky suspicion that may have been the case! Do you, by chance, know if there is an external drive that would have software that can be installed on my Mac?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
The LG is a good optical drive.

As I mentioned previously, you can use Finder to burn data discs, iTunes to burn audio discs. Toast Titanium 17 is currently $69.99, and is the gold standard for Mac burning software.

What kind of capability are you looking for with the LG drive?

C

Reaction score
Most of my usage for the dvd drive would be to burn albums from 'Photos' containing photos and video clips onto a dvd which can be played on normal dvd players for family and friends.

Ask a Question