Launch cycling repeatedly?

A

ashanp

I have the following problem.
In the console log, the following appears every 10 seconds

"Sep 1 18:44:02 A-Ps-PB-G4 com.apple.launchd[1] (com.apple.nibindd[35311]): posix_spawnp("/usr/sbin/nibindd", ...): No such file or directory
Sep 1 18:44:02 A-Ps-PB-G4 com.apple.launchd[1] (com.apple.nibindd[35311]): Exited with exit code: 1
Sep 1 18:44:02 A-Ps-PB-G4 com.apple.launchd[1] (com.apple.nibindd): Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds"

It is not really a problem with the CPU usage, but a real annoyance when trying to look at other console entries, as you have to search through thousands of this repetition to find what I am looking for.
Is there any way to stop this?
I have tried searching for the problem on the net, some identical examples, but no solution.
Thanks

PB G4 1.67 1 GB RAM OSX 10.5.4

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Are you running a NetInfo domain? I ask because of the reference to com.apple.nibindd appearing in the log .... I'm not sure if it may be wise to disable the process unless absolutely necessary .... there could be unwanted side-effects.

You could try booting into Safe Boot by pressing Shift when you hear the Startup Chime, then reboot normally to see if that helps as I read that it helped some but not others with this same issue.

A

ashanp

Honestly not sure what NetInfo is. Don't think I am runnning this. Checking Apple site doesn't shed complete light on it. I am not running any server like functions now, although I have in the very distant past. I now do use filesharing, and have printer sharing on another Mac in the network. The 'usual' iTunes shared libraries. All computers on this LAN are administered from mine, using ARD. Will try the boot advice

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Honestly not sure what NetInfo is. Don't think I am runnning this. Checking Apple site doesn't shed complete light on it. I am not running any server like functions now, although I have in the very distant past. I now do use filesharing, and have printer sharing on another Mac in the network. The 'usual' iTunes shared libraries. All computers on this LAN are administered from mine, using ARD. Will try the boot advice

I found this info regarding NetInfo Domains:

Mac OS X Server: Basic Introduction To NetInfo Domains

Is this the info you saw already on Apple's website?

Ask a Question