Launchpad Issue?

Reaction score
Hello, I recently discovered that my launchpad isn't working. If i click on it in the dock or try to open it from applications, it acts as if I've opened it but doesn't actually open, its as if its just disappeared, except that the icon is still there. It wasn't doing this until about 5 days ago, and I can't for the life of me figure out why it won't open. I have the new macbook pro, and it wasn't having issues until now. Any insight is welcome. Thanks!

Reaction score
Need to know the following:

1. What exact Mac model do you have?

2. What exact Mac OS are you running? And if it's High Sierra, did you just upgrade "in place", ie, basically have High Sierra overwrite what was on your Mac already?

I upgraded both of my Macs from Sierra, OS 10.12.6, to High Sierra, OS 10.13.2, the other day via a clean, fresh, "virgin" installation of High Sierra, and my Launchpad works fine.

Reaction score
Thank you so much, I did what you suggested with the update and all is back to normal!

Ask a Question