iTunes could not back up iPhone because there is not enough free space

Reaction score
More often than not, when I connect my iPhone and iPad to my Mac, or when it boots up in the morning with them connected, I get the false message saying:

iTunes could not back up iPhone because there is not enough free space on this computer to save the backup. I quit and restart iTunes a few times until I don't get that message anymore. I have 482.47 GB free right now. This is getting irritating.

Reaction score
It looks like you got the latest versions of Sierra and iTunes. Need someone else who is an expert with your issue.

Reaction score
With so many files on your iPhone, it is indeed necessary for your to backup your iPhone and data. I have also received notification like "iTunes could not back up the iPhone". And I agree with you that this is really irritating. Now I have another solution to this, rather than backup iPhone to iTunes library, I would like to transfer from iPhone to Mac or Windows and don't have to be irritated by iTunes. Here I would share with you iPhone Data Transfer, maybe you could have a try. Below is the screenshot of this app.

Reaction score
With so many files on your iPhone, it is indeed necessary for your to backup your iPhone and data.

Actually, it would be quite acceptable to have the option to *not* back up all of my media files that are already in my iTunes library. It would work quite nicely to restore everything else, including the sync settings - then load the media files with my first synchronization.

Ask a Question