SOLVED Is it possible to make a folder on the desktop "Un-deletable" ?

Reaction score
Hi,

is it possible to make a folder on the desktop "Un-deletable" ?, or make it so it cant be put inside another folder.? but still have items dropped into it.

I am normaly pretty good ant not doing this accidentaly, but a friend constantly phones, and spends ages on the computer and phone, etc, over a half hour at a time, and today i noticed a folder, that i put screen snapshot of interesting book that I want to buy etc, and put them in this folder. "Books to buy on Amazon"

and found it missing...... i must have gotten flustered while cleaning up the desktop after. etc...

Not that I shop on Amazon, as I now use Abebooks more often...

found a two month agao old copy of the folder on "time Machines" so all is not totally lost...

Regards, Sandy

Reaction score
Hi Sandy,

Join the club... I have done this myself.

My solution was to make a folder and put it in my Documents folder, and then I made an Alias of the folder and put the alias on my desktop. This way if I accidently delete the folder on my Desktop, its only an alias, and not the original. I can always make another alias if that happens and move it back to the desktop.

Ask a Question