SOLVED Harold & Maude - Mac Mini M1 & 22-inch Apple Cinema Display - Is it possible?

Reaction score
I have recently purchased a Mac Mini M1. I have an old Samsung curved monitor that I use with the M1 (but in truth I am not a fan of).

Additionally, I have an old G4 set aside that I periodically boot up to use Bryce 7 (3d software) or to fax from (yep, some folks still ask to have me send them faxes). Ok, so the G4 has the ever loved 22-inch Apple Cinema Display ("letterbox" format (1600x1024) active-matrix LCD display and an integrated two port USB hub). That display is such a classic and I still love the quality it gives. Unfortunately it gets little use and thus, even less love.

So, I was curious if it can some how be used as a potential second monitor for the Mini M1?

Looking forward to peoples thoughts as well as any nostalgia they might be feeling when they see this post.

:D

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Which version of the Apple Cinema Display - ADC or DVI connector?

I would guess it probably wouldn't work, and you would need multiple adapters to even test it out. If it's an ADC model, you would need to start with an Apple DVI to ADC Adapter, which can be very pricey and hard to find.

I have one of the Apple Cinema Displays (ADC), but I retired it years ago, as the backlight has dimmed over thears of service.

C

Reaction score
Hello,

Which version of the Apple Cinema Display - ADC or DVI connector?

I would guess it probably wouldn't work, and you would need multiple adapters to even test it out. If it's an ADC model, you would need to start with an Apple DVI to ADC Adapter, which can be very pricey and hard to find.

I have one of the Apple Cinema Displays (ADC), but I retired it years ago, as the backlight has dimmed over thears of service.

C
Yeah, I kinda gave up on it after realizing I would have to do all that and it still might not work.
Thank you though for your input.