Audio MIDI Setup - is it possible to adjust channel outputs more precisely?

Reaction score
I'm using an external audio interface / usb mixer with my Mac mini (M1 2020, macOS Big Sur). My main outputs are channels 15 & 16. I would need to adjust the outputs of the individual channels by +/- 0.5 dB increments (or more accurately, if possible). In Audio MIDI Setup it's possible to adjust the output levels by +/- 1.0 dB (see picture attached), but is there a way, or perhaps a suitable application, to do this more precisely? Thanks in advance.

Screenshot.png

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I don't have a USB-based audio mixer/interface to test it with. I believe the increment is dependent on the connected audio device.

It may be best to contact SSL directly for support of the BiG SiX, since Macs don't require any software drivers (Core Audio/HAL), and they would have the best knowledge if this were possible.

C

Reaction score
Thanks Cory. Didn't get a solution from SSL that would work for me 100%. In music production context the problem can be solved in the DAW software, but when just listening music through the audio interface / mixer (e.g. from Spotify, Apple Music) the problem of uneven channel outputs remains. If the increment is dependent on the audio device, as you suggest, I might be out of options though.

Ask a Question