iPod resets playing certain songs

Reaction score
I have been having this problem after installing the 1.2 update for my 60GB. I will play a certain song and as soon as it starts playing (not even a second goes by) and it restarts. It's only doing it for three songs so it's not the end of the world. I tried re-downloading the song files from different sources, no dice. I have tried restoring my iPod, no dice. Tonight, I purchased a new 80 GB iPod, and I have the same problem with these files! I have a feeling there is a problem with the firmware. Does anyone else have any issues like this?

Reaction score
Ok, now it is interesting. It has to be a firmware problem. I put the podcasts and songs that are misbehaving on my nano and they work just fine!!!! This is weird. :(

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem with my 5G 60-gig iPod. When one particular song is set to play, the iPod restarts itself. The song info appears for 1 second, then the apple icon appears on the screen for a while before the main menu appears.

I'm not sure what's going on since I remember this song playing perfectly well a while back.

Also, the song plays fine in iTunes--just not on the iPod.

Have you figured anything out yet?

Reaction score
I had the exact same problem with my 30GB iPod Video, and I think I found the answer as to why it's doing it...

http://ipodblog.org/archives/10018

(Their source was Apple.com/support)

I tested this theory by looking up every song that had reset the iPod, and sure enough every one of them are mono.

Only thing is though, I disabled my EQ and it still does it, so evidently this is a bug in the firmware.

Hopefully it will be fixed soon...

Reaction score
Hello Razarg and Welcome!!

Thanks for the PM and the reply. Unfortunately, that solution did not work. :( :mad: Keep looking. My guess is We will have to wait for a firmware update.

Searay

Reaction score
I checked on the one song that is causing my reset issues, and sure enough, it's mono. However, it used to play perfectly despite being mono. I can't remember exactly when it started resetting the iPod, but it was within the past 6 weeks, which is when I upgraded to the latest firmware.

Kelly

Reaction score
Yup! All the culprit songs/podcasts are mono as well!!! Yeah, I think we are going to have to wait go get this fixed.

Ask a Question