iPhoto =(

Reaction score
My Mac was working fine one day...but then when I started it up a couple of days ago, I was going to put some pictures on a disc for my friend, but I was surprised to find all my pictures gone. iPhoto didn't show any photos--it wanted me to create a new library. I looked into the Photos library, but only to find out my Photo Booth pictures were gone too. I didn't delete them manually--I don't touch the picture files. I tried searching around for programs to help rebuild my library, but none works. Please help me!

Mac OSX 10.4.8 on a MacBook

Edit: By the way my iPhoto is version 6.0.6

Reaction score
any more details on what happened between ur files went missing and the last time u used ur computer?

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Didn't change your Home Directory name or Home Directory Short Name recently?

When you say you looked in the iPhoto Library, did you check:

MacintoshHD ~> YourUserName ~> Pictures ~> iPhoto Library

Reaction score
any more details on what happened between ur files went missing and the last time u used ur computer?
inn the night, transferred my pics into iphoto. turned off my mac. woke up. turned on mac. went into iphoto. no pics.

Didn't change your Home Directory name or Home Directory Short Name recently?

When you say you looked in the iPhoto Library, did you check:

MacintoshHD ~> YourUserName ~> Pictures ~> iPhoto Library

i did, actually. don't tell me that erases the pics:( i'll kill myself. and i checked HD>MYUSER>PICS but iphoto library wasnt there

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
What version iPhoto are you using McNoob?

Manoob = i checked HD>MYUSER>PICS but iphoto library wasnt there

Did you check HD ~> Users ~> for a user acct that may have your files?

Reaction score
Since you mentioned you're afraid you might trashed your photos, you might want to know that iPhoto does not trash photos right away. When you trash photos in iPhoto, they go into its own trash. Did you look there?

Ask a Question