Removing duplicates in IPhoto

Reaction score
I have an IMac running 10.12.4, with IPhoto Version 2. I have a lot of photos and I am SURE I have many duplicates. However, photos that may seem to be duplicates to a program, may not be, since many are of similar subject (I turn pens on a lathe and have taken pictures of many of them).

I would love to have some software scan my files and give me the option of deleting them or not. I don't want to push a button that says "Delete all duplicates" and find that it made mistakes. I want the ones I decide to be duplicates to be deleted, after it makes suggestions.

On the same subject, I was reviewing one such app, and the instructions said that once deleted, I could empty the IPhoto trash by clicking on an icon within IPhoto to do that. I couldn't find any icon that indicated it was a trash emptier.

Can anyone recommend an app that will fill my needs? Thank you very much.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Did you mean Photos version 2.0?
-Are you using iCloud Photo Library?
-Do you have any iPhones/iPads syncing photos via iCloud?

C

Reaction score
Thank you for your interest. Yes, I should have said Photos Version 2.0
I am using ICloud to store my photos, and I have three devices that sync photos; an IPhone, and IPad and an IMac.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts1

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries.

-Which version(s) of iOS on the iPhone/iPad?
-Do you have iCloud Photo Library enabled on all three?

C

Reaction score
My IPhone is running 10.3.2, my IPad is running 9.3.5. Yes, I have the ICloud Photo Library is enabled on all three (I think). Pictures taken with either the IPad or IPhone show up (eventually) on all three.

Ask a Question