Permanently Removing Deleted EMails

Reaction score
There have been a number of posts about issues with Apple's Mail program. Myself, I use Outlook 2016, and I have, on numerous occasions, stated that I am constantly having Deleted EMails permanently removed. To help folks with Apple's Mail Program, I just saw this about having Deleted EMails permanently removed:

APPLE MAIL
  1. From the Apple Mail menu bar click Mail then Preferences.
  2. Click Accounts.
  3. In the Accounts section on the left, click your account.
  4. Click Mailbox Behaviors.
  5. In the Trash section, under Permanently erase deleted messages when click Quitting Mail
For Outlook 2016, there is no "automatic" way to do that. But it is not difficult to do it. All I need to do is select a folder (Trash and Junk Mail folders), right click, and choose "Empty Folder". That gets rid of deleted/Junk EMails permanently.

Reaction score
Permanently erase deleted messages. Automatically erase messages: Choose Mail > Preferences, click Accounts, then select an account. Click Mailbox Behaviors, then in the Trash section choose when you want Mailto permanently erase deleted messages—for example, after one month.

Ask a Question