Profilemanager tasks are permanently pending

Reaction score
Hi.

I'm trying to install apps via the profile manager. Currently, it's like this:
- I add a new user in the Server app.
- In the profile manager, I send that person an invitation.
- That person clicks on the link in the mail, logs in, registers the current device, installs a certificate, clicks on profile and installs another certificate.
- In the profile manager, that person and its devices are now correctly listed.

This is where the problems start:
- In the list of active tasks, there is one called "registering device" (or something similar), that is permanently pending.
- I can add apps to that newly registered device, but that task is also just pending, and on the device there is nothing happening.

Why is that the case?

The certificates installed are shown as valid on the Server app, but as unsigned on the registered device. Is that the problem?

Thank you for any help

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Normally, MDM issues can be quite involved and beyond the scope of our knowledge here. But, we'll see if we can work through it with you.

-Which version of OS X Server? I assume macOS Sierra 10.12.5 and macOS Server 5.3.1?
-Which version(s) of OS X are installed on the "clients"?
-Are you using the Apple Deployment Programs (ADP)/Device Enrollment Program (DEP), Apple School Manager, or a third-party solution like Jamf Pro or VMware AirWatch?
-What apps are you trying to install with Profile Manager?

I don't have a lot of knowledge about Apple's MDM system, but am pretty familiar with Jamf Pro and AirWatch.

C

Ask a Question