Find hidden images in iphoto

Reaction score
I run Mac10.7.5 Lion. Using iphoto, I open up, select an image. On the black edge I am told '1 image,(4 hidden).

How can I view the 'hidden' images? I have been looking for a picture, cannot find it anywhere and would not have deleted it.
Under some of these pictures, there appears tobe others. How to access?

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
If you look in the menu you'll find the option to show/hide certain photos. It could be under View but just have a look I'm sure you'll find it.

The option to 'hide' photos in iPhoto has had me tearing my hair out in the past when I couldn't recall that I'd actually hidden some photos and thought they had just vanished into thin air.

Reaction score
Thanks for this Spawn_Dooley. I have had a go at this, find the hide/show tab under view, but it doesn't seem to change anything. I notice thatwhatever picture I click on, the message is the same, 'I image to view 4 more hidden'.
Yeah, it can drive us up the wall.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
do you see any images with orange X's in the upper right hand side of the image thumbnail?

What view are you in? Photos or Events (left column)?

Last edited:
Reaction score
On bottom left of an image when I click on it a black panel comes up offering the choices of hide (orange X) trash and something else can't remember wihout going back into it. Top left is a grey flag. The same applies to faces, events, photos etc.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Photos or Events view? (Left column)

When you click on View in the menu, is there a tick to the left of Hidden Photos?

Ask a Question