iphoto questions

Reaction score
Hi guys - I'm new to the forum, and have found it really helpful so far, so I'm gonna ask a couple questions about iphoto.

1. When I download pictures from my camera they automatically go to the Library and into a roll. I have put in some folders and dragged and dropped the photos into the correct folder. The photo also remains on the main roll, and I was wondering if there was some way to keep the picture in the correctly named folder and delete off the main roll so I don't have to keep looking at it all the time.

2. Is there anyway to shrink down the size of the pictures without sending them via email? I send lots of photos via email, but can't send the huge pics as they are when downloaded from my camera.

3. Last one, promise! I have 2 memory cards for my Fuji S3 camera. I plugged it into my Macbook and downloaded the pics off one card twice and when I went to use the camera again, the card was messed up and the camera said that it was not formatted. I switched to the other card, took pictures and downloaded them to my Mac with no problems. I took more pictures and downloaded for the second time. When I went to take more pictures, the same thing happened, and the camera said the card was not formatted. What gives? Had the camera for almost a year downloading pics to a PC, and now the cards are having issues! I don't delete the pics off the card from my Mac, just using the screen on the camera. Am I missing something?

Reaction score
Hi, I think the library folder you mean is meant to show all your photos, like a master library, so you wouldn't be able to remove the image without deleting the photo.
You can resize the image with the Export menu item under the File menu.
The card problem seems mysterious, especially since you're not deleting the images on the Mac. If I remember correctly, the Image Capture application in your Application folder has settings you can modify when a card is being read, so you might want to open that during the reading of a card to see what the settings are. Did you reformat the card in camera (not just delete the images)? I do that every single time I use cards in my photography business to keep the cards more reliable.

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

rpphoto is correct.

The 'Library' is where all your photos are 'actually' stored...

Below that you can create folders and then drag images from the Library view window intoi them. This is how you can organise your images.

What version of iPhoto have you got ?

As for shrinking the images...are you concerned about space ?

How big is an average picture that your camera takes (in MB's) ?

You are best keeping the images at the highest resolution, just in case you decide to do something with them at a later date. You can always archive them off to an external drive, CDR or DVD.

As for your cards, as rp suggests I would reformat them in the camera and see how they behave.

regards

Ric

Ask a Question