iPhoto downloads

Reaction score
Admitting I am no iPhoto expert, but am having trouble downloading photos from my iPhone 5s. I keep getting a message that my phone is locked and it needs to be unlocked. I used to be able to downloads directly into iPhoto, but now it seems like things must go through iTunes.

I don't recall ever having a password on my iPhone...................but..............maybe.................I did install a password at some point. Any ideas?

And where would I go to unlock the thing?

Recognizing I may be in the wrong place to get an answer, if so, would appreciate a re-direct.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

Usually that means that you have set a 4-digit Passcode Lock. On the Home screen of the iPhone, you have to enter a 4-digit code to be able to unlock the iPhone and use it, correct? You should simply have to enter this code, then you can transfer the photos.

Let us know if that doesn't work.

C

Reaction score
I understand what you are asking, but the answer is no, I don't have to enter a passcode, ever, to use my phone.

I recently had a friend download an IOS update. Prior to that, I had no trouble downloading my photos into iPhoto. I simply opened iPhoto, plugged my phone into the computer and when prompted, hit "Download (number) photos".

Since the IOS update, I open iPhoto, plug my phone in, and up pops iTunes. My iPhoto albums list starts to shake and, in a moment, I get a notice that I need to enter a passcode. To my knowlege, I have no passcode on the phone. I specifically do not want one.

Is it possible that my friend, Terry, entered a passcode? Or in the alternative, is there a work-around where I can avoid iTunes altogether and just go back to a direct download into iPhoto?

I do have an iCloud password? Can this be what is asked for?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK...good.

It may be because iTunes is set to launch when the iPhone is connected. In iTunes > Preferences > Devices check Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically. Also, click on the iPhone icon in iTunes and uncheck Open iTunes when this iPhone is connected.

See if that helps,

C

Ask a Question