iPhone Unresponsive; Cannot Sign Out

Reaction score
Have an iPhone XR running iOS 14.4.0 and all of a sudden, my apps stopped responding, like reopening a text thread, starting a new text message, when I tried streaming a TV show from my Comcast Streaming account, or updating apps from the App Store.

Apps will open, but won't let me do anything. I thought perhaps signing out and signing back in would help, but nothing happens when I hit the sign out button.

I've restarted repeatedly to no avail. And it's not recognizing my other trusted devices, either, which are my iMac and MacBook Pro.

I've never had anything like this happen before and haven't found what I need in any FAQ I've found.

Reaction score
Hi,
Apps will open, but won't let me do anything. I thought perhaps signing out and signing back in would help, but nothing happens when I hit the sign out button.
Can you access setting? If so go to general scroll to bottom of page and tap shut down then big red button. To restart you might have to plug the iPhone into mains chager.

Reaction score
I can open settings, and when I scroll to the bottom of the General page, I see no big red button, but the words "Shut Down" in blue. I have already re-started my phone several times, and the only apps that seem to be working are Messages, Mail, Clock, Calculator and a few others like that. I appreciate the advice.

If I sign out on the phone, I'm worried it won't let me sign back in because I get a message about deleting information from my iCloud or my phone.

Reaction score
Hi,

I can open settings, and when I scroll to the bottom of the General page, I see no big red button, but the words "Shut Down" in blue.

Yes and if you click that then you should get the red shut down button, hit that and once the iPhone has shut down, leave its for five minuets then plug it into the mains, (DO NOT TRY AND START IT VIA THE ON OFF BUTTON) it should then start up normally.

Ask a Question