Photo edits on iPhone can't be changed on Mac

Reaction score
For example, make a drastic change to a photo on your iPhone like remove ALL saturation so that the photo appears black & white. Send it to your Mac via AirDrop or similar. Open the photo in Photos. You can't add back the saturation or even revert the photo to orignial. Is it just me? Shouldn't the photo edits from the iPhone move with the photo so that they can be further adjusted or even reverted on the Mac?

Jan

Reaction score
I would think that the edit is controlled by the App that created it, so if you open it in another App, then it treats it as a new photo: ie, if you've made a B&W photo on your iPhone, then as far as Photos on your Mac is concerned, it's just a B&W photo.

Reaction score
I'm editing it in the photos app on my iphone, airdropping it to my Mac and i'm opening it on the photos app on my Mac.

Reaction score
I have just tried this, I took a photo on my iPhone and edited it, opened it in photos on my imac, clicked 'edit' and then ' revert to original' and all worked OK. I have my photos synched on icloud.

Ask a Question