SOLVED IOS17 compatibility issue with iTunes 12.8.3.1 (mac os High Sierra)

Tks

Reaction score
Hello all,
Well the issue is in the title. My iphone SE(2) is not recognised by my itunes on my iMac anymore. I scoured the web but so far no luck.
Any idea?

Reaction score
Hi there,

2 things to try....

With your iPhone connected to your Mac

In the Finder under the Go menu select Go to Folder.
type in /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework/Versions/Current/Resources
In the folder that opens locate MobileDeviceUpdater and run it.

If this does not work download iTunes Access from Apple and run it. You can get ot at this link: iTunesAccess.pkg

Reaction score
To anyone considering upgrading to iOS17 running iTunes 12.8.3.1... unless you want to use iCloud to back up your phone and are okay with iTunes no longer recognizing your phone - do not do it!

Just finished chatting with Apple and they were pretty rude and obtuse. Despite the lack of warning and being able to update my phone via iTunes, once the update is done the phone is no longer recognized. Apple basically said there is no Apple approved fix and did not elaborate. Frustratingly, Apple Photos still works and recognizes the phone. They just don't care about loyal Mac users with older systems (High Sierra).

Ask a Question