Office for Mac compatibility

Reaction score
Hi!

Has anyone bought the Office for Mac 2021 as yet and installed it on the new iMac M1"? Would appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

I don't use any Microsoft or Adobe products on my M1 Mac mini. There are a few M1 MacBook Airs floating around my work...I will let you know of any of them have the latest Office and how it works.

C

Reaction score
Thank you! I use both of them reluctantly, mainly because the companies I work with have PC's!! Microsoft's 2016 Office for Mac is so bad that I did not get the 2019 version. Just wondered what the 2021 OFM would turn out like.

Reaction score
For those who are interested - No, Office for Mac 2016 does not work on the new iMac M1. Had to buy the new 2021 version $$$!

Reaction score
I use Office reluctantly at work because I have no choice but I refuse to buy it for home use. I use Libreoffice at home.

Office is bad on Windows too so being bad on Macs is not surprising :p

Last edited:
Reaction score
Open Office and Libre Office are both free, compatible with MS Office and work well on Macs

Ask a Question