Open Office issues on a MacBook

Reaction score
I run Open Office on OS X Yosemite on a MacBook. I had a "last time you opened Open Office, it did not shut down correctly..." notice. Normally I just reopen without a problem. I have 2 options: "Reopen" or "Don't reopen". Neither have any impact & I cannot access anything on the system. Any help to get it back would be great.

I should add once i access the open office icon & it opens with the above message, I am unable to exit without Force Quitting; I cannot access the Preferences tab - or any other option.

Dave

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hello,

Which version of OpenOffice? The latest is 4.1.10, which is compatible with OS X 10.7 Lion and later.

It may be good to post your question in the Apache OpenOffice Forum > Board index ‹ Getting started ‹ Install, Setup and Troubleshooting ‹ Mac OSX as well.

I haven't used OpenOffice in years, so that may get you a solution quicker.

C
Thank you Cory. I have an old iMac which operates on 4.0.1 Open Office. I can't update any higher because of age of computer. On my MacBook which is a few years younger I have a feeling the version is 4.1.10 but I can't access the info because of the problem I have currently. I will post on OO forum as you suggest . Thanks again.

Ask a Question